Friday, November 2, 2007

November 1

Everyone Needs Salvation

The Gospel for All
Romans 1:13

Read the Bible through:
AM -
Lamentations 2 : PM - 2 Timothy 4

Now I do not want you to be unaware, brethren, that I often planned to come to you (but was hindered until now), that I might have some fruit among you also, just as among the other Gentiles
(Rom. 1:13).

When Grace became engaged, she was eager to tell everyone immediately. Nick was more reserved than she. He wanted to wait to tell others about their plans so he could savor the experience as a couple first. She was frustrated by the delay. Eventually, her excitement won him over. And tell it she did.

Paul was experiencing frustration in much the same was. He was eager to reach Rome where the church was already established. From Rome, he could reach Spain and other areas for which his heart longed.

Paul’s understanding that the gospel was for all motivated him to keep moving farther from Jerusalem just as Jesus commanded in Acts 1:8.

Father, lead me to be aware of lost people around me. Make me a bold witness of You everywhere I go today.