Saturday, November 24, 2007

November 25, 2007

Salvation Begins a Life of Obedience

Alive unto God
Romans 6:12-14

Read the Bible through:
AM –
Ezekiel 44-46 : PM – 1 Peter 2

And do not present your members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin, but present yourselves to God as being alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God
(Rom. 6:13).

When I was a small child, I was not able to do many things for myself. I could not tie my own shoes, and I certainly needed help choosing my clothing. It seems as though many things that have become habit and routine as I have matured were all large rather complex tasks I had to learn.

Before we entered into a relationship with Jesus, we didn’t know how to conduct ourselves in accordance to God’s Word. Once we accepted Jesus as Savior, we began to learn behavior expected of believers.

Just as I had to learn functional behaviors, we all have to learn to allow God to prompt us to display acceptable behaviors. Romans 12:1 refers to our bodies being “a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God.” We mature by yielding ourselves to God.

Lord, may I come to You as a small child in faith but learn quickly to follow you in righteousness.