Friday, November 23, 2007

November 24, 2007


Salvation Begins a Life of Obedience

Alive unto God
Read the Bible through:
AM –
Ezekiel 42-43 : PM – 1 Peter 1

Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord
(Rom. 6:11).

Some things do not interest me. Hockey is one of those things. I am afraid I will never be able to comprehend the joy of winning a soccer match. Although I can appreciate the effort of those involved, I fear my interest in those things is nil and dead.

But I have a friend who has a true passion and desire to communicate through music. We could say he is alive to music. He constantly and openly shares his interests in music.

Just as he is alive to music, how much more so should I be “alive unto God?” I should want to be interested in what He has to say to me through the Bible. I need a hunger to be with his people in a local body of believers on a regular basis. I want to always have the desire of being aware of other people’s needs by listening and putting others first.

When we become believers in Jesus, we are transformed – "dead unto sin, but alive unto God.”

Thank You, Lord, for showing me what being alive is all about.