Friday, November 16, 2007

November 17

Salvation Means New Life

Love
Romans 5:5-8

Read the Bible through:
AM –
Ezekiel 27-28 : PM – Hebrews 12

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us
(Rom. 5:8).

The word love occurs numerous times in the Bible because love is its theme.

When I was a child my “Granny Hattie” always planted a vegetable garden out back of the house. I delightedly shadowed her as she planted seed in the long, straight rows. She let me plant okra, my favorite vegetable, cautioning, “Now plant them this far apart,” spreading her hands to show me. “And keep them even so our seed will last to the end of the row.”

We are God’s favorite creation, the seed of His love. We would wither in sin but for His gift of life, His Son’s death and resurrection. Nurtured by His guiding hand and watered with His love, we mature in His garden of service.

In Jeremiah 31:12 God promised Israel, having been held captive in Babylon, “their soul shall be as a watered garden; and they shall not sorrow any more at all.”

Thank You Lord for nurturing me with Your love.