Wednesday, November 14, 2007

November 15

Salvation Means New Life

Peace with God
Romans 5:1-2

Read the Bible through:
AM –
Ezekiel 23-24 : PM – Hebrews 10

Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ (Rom. 5:1).

On the morning of September 11, 2001, I telephoned my wife with panic in my voice and asked, “Do you have the Television on?” When she told me that she did not, I gave her the shocking news that an airliner had just flown into a tower of the New York World Trade Center.

As I was talking to her about this terrible accident I was horrified to see another plane crash into the second tower. This was no accident. This was a deliberate act of terrorism.

For a short time during those days we witnessed a renewed interest in patriotism, but more importantly, spiritual.

I saw a woman on television whose husband was missing in the New York ruins, Ground Zero. She said: “I couldn’t bear this without God’s help. My faith in Him gave me peace.”

The peace the world gives is so fragile and temporary. But the peace that comes from putting one’s faith in God is lasting and surrounding.

Lord, thank You for the peace only You can give.