Friday, November 9, 2007

November 10

Redemption in Christ Jesus
Romans 3:23-26

Read the Bible through:
AM –
Ezekiel 13-14 : PM – Hebrews 5

For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus
(Rom. 3:23-24).

Believers have been set free from the penalty of sin because our payment was made by Jesus. He is our redemption. We are, therefore, redeemed.

Thankfully, some of us never get over the grace of God and how it redeemed our lives. My former pastor never referred to his salvation without tears flowing. A youth leader tells of his own wild youth, then weeps as he describes his encounter with God in the Oklahoma hills. A retired wrestler, in a voice raspy from blows to the throat, shared the story of his salvation with prison inmates.

I have often told my own testimony about how a faithful God intervened in my teen age years.

Father, I am awed by your goodness in redeeming me.