Wednesday, May 7, 2008

May 8, 2008

Making Peace in My Family

Read the Bible through:
AM –
2 Samuel 19-20 : PM – Luke 15

Maintaining Peace
Genesis 13:10-13

11
Then Lot chose for himself all the plain of Jordan, and Lot journeyed east. And they separated from each other.

Jake and Shelby were playing as their mother’s were having dinner. Shelby suggested they act out the Jesus story and quickly said, “I’ll be Mary!” Jake replied, “I’ll be the donkey.” And Shelby hopped on his back. Soon the novelty of the ride was over; and Shelby asked, “We aren’t in Bethlehem yet?”

Abram had agreed to allow his nephew Lot to choose the land he wanted first. Lot looked and saw the plain of Jordan with its water everywhere and laid claim to it. He only viewed the land’s outward offerings and didn’t consider the wickedness of the people of Sodom.

Just as the little boy was trying to keep peace with his younger friend by playing the less desirable donkey role, are you willing to let go of your desire and allow family and friends to have first pick?

Dear Lord, help me to look to You for answers in all decisions great and small. I know peace comes from You; and You can help me preserve it in my own family, my church family, and in my family of friends