Saturday, May 3, 2008

May 4, 2008

Establishing Godly Standards for My Family

Read the Bible through:
AM –
2 Samuel 11-12 : PM – Luke 12:1-17

Good Works
Titus 2:6-8

7 "In all things showing yourself to be a pattern of good works; in doctrine showing integrity, reverence, incorruptibility"


Walking downtown, a friend and I met a man needing money. We’re sorry. We don’t have any money.”

Then I remembered. I whispered to my friend. He responded, “It’s your decision.” I had to think/pray fast.

Pulling out the $20 from my wallet, I said: “I cannot say I don’t have money, but this is not my money. It’s God’s money. I’ll give it to you. You’ll be responsible to God for how you use it – no alcohol or drugs.”

He responded, “Yes, no alcohol or drugs,” and thanked us. And we resumed our walk.

Titus was to be an example of Christian character not only in word, but also in deed. He was to be true in actions to what he believed and taught.

I could have ignored the Spirit’s prompting regarding the $20. After all, it wasn’t my money. But I would not have been true to what I believe and have taught about honesty.

Lord, forgive me for ignoring opportunities to do good. Help me to be more sensitive to Your Spirit’s promptings.