Saturday, May 10, 2008

May 11, 2008

Making Peace in My Family

Read the Bible through:
AM –
1 Kings 1-2 : PM – Luke 17:1-19

Praying Diligently
Genesis 18:27-33

27“Then Abraham answered and said, "Indeed now, I who am but dust and ashes have taken it upon myself to speak to the Lord: 28 Suppose there were five less than the fifty righteous; would You destroy all of the city for lack of five?" So He said, "If I find there forty-five, I will not destroy it.”


A woman shared her prayer testimony while attending a Bible study. She had prayed for her son from the time he was born. Yet, as a young adult, he had murdered another man and was now serving a life sentence. She prayed with a mother’s broken heart for God to deal with the tragedy, and the Lord heard her prayers. Her son has accepted Jesus as his personal Savior and is sharing his faith with other inmates.

Abraham, too, prayed as he faced a tragic family situation. He asked God to spare the city of Sodom in order to spare the lives of his nephew Lot and his family. He even tried to bargain with God by pleading with Him regarding a smaller and smaller number of righteous people in the city.

Lord, I am so bombarded with other’s needs that I tend to forget my family. Help me to be sensitive to their needs.