Saturday, May 17, 2008

May 21, 2008

Serving God Together as a Family

Read the Bible through:
AM –
1 Kings 22 : PM – Luke 22:1-23

Mentoring Other Believers
Acts 18:24-28

26 “So he began to speak boldly in the synagogue. When Aquila and Priscilla heard him, they took him aside and explained to him the way of God more accurately.”


At 18, I was without direction. One weekend Jim Whitby, Tulsa Area Youth for Christ Director, sat in a car and read Scriptures to me and challenged me to get serious about Christ. I did.

In the weeks ahead he continued to mentor me. He is the only preacher I remember visiting my North Tulsa home. He never made me feel uncomfortable and never seemed to be uncomfortable around me. He is still my spiritual icon.

Aquila and Priscilla mentored Apollos in the “way of God” to help him grow. God often sends people into our lives, such as Aquila and Priscilla and Dr. Jim Whitby.

Lord, help me to be willing and qualified to mentor others.