Saturday, May 24, 2008

May 25, 2008

Serving God Together as a Family


Read the Bible through:
AM –
2 Kings 8-9 : PM – Luke 23:13-32

Doing All As to the Lord
Colossians 3:18-24

23 “And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to me.”



Oscar, a widower who is a retired state government employee, has a postretirement job at a discount store. He doubles as a salesperson and a front-door greeter. Sometimes children get lost in the huge store, and Oscar helps get children and families back together. His outgoing personality and ever-present smile seem to lift the spirits of both fellow employee and store customers. Oscar is a Christian and a member of Great Hills Baptist Church in Austin, Tx., where, in all kinds of weather, he helps park cars for Sunday services. He reads the Bible every day before going to work. Whether he is greeting or helping people at the store or greeting people on the church parking lot, he believes he is serving the Lord.

Paul told the Colossian Christians that whatever they do they should do it with vigor for the Lord.

Father, help me to remember I work for You and not for men; and I should always do my best for You whatever my task.