Friday, May 2, 2008

May 3, 2008

Establishing Godly Standards for My Family

Read the Bible through:
AM –
2 Samuel 9-10 : PM – Luke 12:35-59

Sobriety and Love
Titus 2:4-5

4
"That they admonish the young women to love their husbands, to love their children"

Anna Marie, my mother-in-law was a perfect example of a godly woman. She had the qualities of Christian character I desired to emulate. Her lifestyle was impeccable. I never heard her say anything bad about anyone. The Spirit of God permeated her being.

She and my wife talked together about the Lord and prayed together often. What an encouragement she was. Her deep sense of reverence for the presence and power of God was an inspiration to all.

Anna exemplified the teachings set forth in Titus to women on Crete. She was a woman of reverence, of encouraging words. Spirit-controlled, pure, industrious, kind, devoted to her husband and children - she taught women around her to be the same.

Lord, thank You for providing godly examples that have impacted me. Help me be that kind of example to others.