Tuesday, October 23, 2007

October 24

Promising a Righteous Ruler

David's good intentions
2 Samuel 7:1-7

Read the Bible through:
AM -
Jeremiah 44-45 : PM - 1 Timothy 2

The king said to Nathan the prophet, "See now, I dwell in a house of cedar, but the ark of God dwells inside tent curtains"
(2 Samuel 7:2).

King David recognized that God had bestowed many blessing on him, including rest from his enemies. He now dwelt in a house of cedar, and he wished to show his love for God by erecting a building for worship of Him. Although he was forbidden by God to do this, David's intentions were good.

If you have been grateful for God's blessing on your life, perhaps you have intended to make a special gift to missions or to some other purpose that honors God. Why not carry out your good intentions in the near future?

Father, I have been blessed and I wish to honor You. Help me to carry out my intentions