Friday, October 12, 2007

October 13

Blessing All Nations

Fulfilled despite hindrances
Genesis 17:15-22

Read the Bible through:
AM -
Jeremiah 24-25 : PM - Colossians 3

Then God said: "No, Sarah your wife shall bear you a son, and you shall call his name Isaac; I will establish My covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his descendants after him (Gen 17:19).

Just north of Las Vegas, Nv. There is a road that leads from the valley to the top of Mount Charleston. While traveling that road you can see only portions of the road as it winds its way through the mountain. Much of the road is obscured. I have driven that road so I know that it takes you to the top. You have to face tough curves, steep inclines, and some dangerous cliffs to get to the top. But it does lead to a beautiful place where you can look out over the entire valley.

God desires to take us to some amazing places. However, to get there, we may have to face hindrances along the way. If we don't keep our eyes on God, the hindrances may keep us from reaching the summit of blessing God has in store for us.

Heavenly Father, please help me keep my eyes set on You.