Tuesday, October 16, 2007

October 17

Creating a Distinctive People

Initiated by God
Exodus 19:3

Read the Bible through:
AM -
Jeremiah 31 : PM - 1 Thessalonians 3

And Moses went up to God, and the LORD called to him from the mountain, saying, "Thus you shall say to the house of Jacob, and tell the children of Israel
(Exodus 19:3).

Kids always have chosen sides for games. I remember what it was like waiting to be chosen. I was the youngest in my neighborhood and was often the last one chosen. I also remember what it was like when one of my best friends was captain and I was chosen first. To be a part of the team - included - was great.

God wasn't choosing sides for a game when he chose Israel to be His own. You get the idea though, don't you? When the children of Israel were a slave race, wandering and wondering what would be next, God met them at the mountain; and He chose them.

God still chooses people every day by offering the gift of grace through faith in Christ. Do you remember the day He chose you? God is always the initiator of bringing us to Himself. Isn't it great to be wanted?

Thank You, Lord, for choosing me when I didn't even know I needed You.