Tuesday, October 7, 2008

October 8, 2008

The Home: The center of Biblical Guidance

Read the Bible through:
AM –
Jeremiah 13-14 : PM – Philippians 2

From Generation to Generation
Proverbs 4:1-6

4 He also taught me, and said to me: "Let your heart retain my words; Keep my commands, and live


Can you remember a particular song you learned as a small child. One that comes to my mind is the Sunbeam song.

“Jesus wants me for a sunbeam to shine for Him each day.
In every way try to please Him at school, at home, at play
.”

To recall songs, Bible verses, and stories we learned as children brings us joy and satisfaction. Memorizing in our later years is difficult, but passages and stories learned in our early years stay with us for many years. Even Alzheimer’s victims can all of a sudden begin singing every word of old hymns, having retained for unexplainable reasons teaching of their childhoods.

Thank You, God, for the biblical truths I received as a child and for memory that retains them.