Monday, October 20, 2008

October 21, 2008

The Church: The Family’s Partner

Read the Bible through:
AM –
Jeremiah 37-38 : PM – 2 Thessalonians 2

In Modeling Christian Behavior
Titus 2:1-8

7 “In all things showing yourself to be a pattern of good works; in doctrine showing integrity, reverence, incorruptibility.”


I remember as a boy guiltily entering a place a Christian shouldn’t have frequented. I knew better but just followed my buddies anyway. I looked around ashamedly to discover who might be seeing me there. Then I saw one of our church leaders far across the room. I immediately sneaked out, relieved not to have been seen by him or recognized by others. I never mentioned that episode to him of course. Although hypocritical, my disappointment was long lasting.

What if I had taken my church leader’s presence as an approval of my conduct that disappointing night? What if I then had come again and again to that place because my respected leader did? I shudder at the possibility. Our moral stewardship is an awesome one!

Lord, please help me be a pattern of good works in my small world today.