Saturday, October 4, 2008

October 5, 2008

The Home: The center of Biblical Guidance

Read the Bible through:
AM –
Jeremiah 7-8 : PM – Ephesians 5

TEACHING to remember
Deuteronomy 4:9-10

9 "
Only take heed to yourself, and diligently keep yourself, lest you forget the things your eyes have seen, and lest they depart from your heart all the days of your life. And teach them to your children and your grandchildren”

I once saw a pottery plaque hanging on a cookbook rack that says, “My collection of cookbooks is far superior to my cooking.” To rephrase that, “My collection of bibles is far superior to my knowledge of them.” My Bibles’ margins are all full of quotations and facts to help me remember!
I envy speed readers and those who retain all they hear and read, but I do not have that gift. We are so blessed in our churches to have opportunities to continue our learning. Exceptional sermons, Bible studies, classes, conferences, and seminars are all forms of Biblical teaching that equip us with knowledge to be better parents, teachers, and witnesses.

Perpetual learning about and remembering God’s statutes should mean perpetual teaching not only for our children, but for our children’s children … our grandchildren.

Heavenly Father, thank You for the opportunity to teach your ways to others.