Wednesday, August 8, 2007

August 9

Human Beings: Why Get Personal?

Because God uses us
Genesis 2:4-6

Read the Bible through:
AM -
Psalm 73-77 : PM - Romans 1:1-17

Before any plant of the field was in the earth and before any herb of the field had grown. For the LORD God had not caused it to rain on the earth, and there was no man to till the ground
(Gen. 2:5).

Brother Chapman was a retired school teacher. He served with me as a deacon when I was pastoring in Oklahoma. He died shortly before his 100th birthday.

Many people who visited the family at the funeral home spoke to me about him. Their comments usually began "That man," and went on to say such things as, "He is the reason I am a Sunday School Director," "was the best Sunday School teacher I have had," "set a Godly example," "helped my get my life back on track," "encouraged me."

I am reminded God needs "a man to till the ground." In other words, God uses His people. Regardless of who we are as we walk with Him He is able to touch others through us.

Lord, use me to bless people today.