Monday, August 13, 2007

August 13

Human Beings: Why Get Personal?

Because God KNOWS OUR NEEDS
Genesis 2:18-20

Read the Bible through:
AM -
Psalm 90-95 : PM - Romans 4

And the LORD God said, "It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him."
(Gen. 2:18).

The God who designed us certainly knows our needs. I think He knows our wants as well. Did you ever get something you wanted that caused you not to get something you needed?

About 35 years ago, I wanted a particular car; but I needed to be able to pay my bills. Not everyone at my house agreed we needed that car. The vote was 1-1 (with the one-year-old abstaining). I bought the car. I got what I wanted but temporarily lost two things I desperately needed: my wife's respect and the ability to pay our bills. To get back what I needed was a painful and humbling process.

The Lord knows what you need before you even ask Him. He has arranged to meet your needs in His way and time as you trust Him.

God, I know You love me too much to let wants deprive me of what I really need.