Friday, August 10, 2007

August 11

Human Beings: Why Get Personal?

Because we have purpose
Genesis 2:15

Read the Bible through:
AM -
Psalm 81-86 : PM - Romans 2

The Lord God took the man, and put him into the Garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it
(Gen. 2:15).

I built a bookcase years ago to hold several sets of reference books. It served me well for many years. Many years ago I moved those books to my office and put the bookcase in the garage. There it was exposed to extremes of temperature, spiders, and mud daubers.

A few years ago I moved my books back into my study. The bookcase was dirty, stained, and banged up. I cleaned it up, filled in the dings and varmint damage, and applied a coat of paint. Today it is holding the books for which it was designed.

Generally, God wants all people to know Him, love Him, and obey His word. He also wants to use us to accomplish particular purposes for Him. His design for us never changes. Even when we are dirty, stained, and banged up, He can restore us to usefulness.

Thank You, Lord, that You can still clean me up, patch me up, and use me in Your world.