Monday, August 13, 2007

August 14

Human Beings: Why Get Personal?

Because God created relationships
Genesis 2:21-25

Read the Bible through:
AM -
Psalm 96-102 : PM - Romans 5

Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh
(Gen. 2:24).

The Bible makes plain that marriage is not for everyone. However, it also makes plain that all of us need other people.

One of my greatest surprises in becoming a Christian was the discovery that those "stuffy, self-righteous church folk" were kind, loving, and gracious brothers and sisters in the faith. They encouraged me and taught me what following the Lord was all about.

When I went away to college, I was amazed at finding a multitude of brothers and sisters there. When I began to preach in small churches, I was at home with family. I have been privileged to preach in East Africa, Brazil, and pastor three churches. I have met spiritual relatives in all those places. Through the years, God has worked through relationships with other believers to help me, encourage me, guide me, and bless me.

Thank You, God, for blessing me through the years.