Friday, July 4, 2008

July 5, 2008

Good News! Saved by Grace


Read the Bible through:
AM –
Ezra 9-10 : PM – Acts 4:23-37

LIVING THROUGH FAITH
Galatians 2:20

20
I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

Jameel was a fine Christian and a teacher at a Christian boys’ school in the middle-east. One day he disappeared. He had been witnessing for Jesus, but extremists of another faith took him to the basement of an abandoned building. They tied dynamite around his neck in such a way that if he tried to take it off it would explode. Then they left him. He prayed fervently as he weighed his options. He decided to try to remove it. If it exploded, it would just promote him to heaven. His headless body was found some weeks later.

Jameel died for Christ, but he had been crucified with Christ long before. When he accepted Jesus as his Savior, his old sinful nature was crucified; but he was more alive than ever. He was alive with Christ. So are we if we live by faith in Jesus as our Lord.

Father, please grant that I may consider myself dead to sin and alive to Christ.