Tuesday, July 22, 2008

July 23, 2008

Good News: Controlled by the Spirit

Read the Bible through:
AM –
Job 32-34 : PM – Acts 17:1-15

LED BY THE SPIRIT
Galatians 5:16-21

16 "Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh."


Most golfers will agree that hitting the ball out to the right is a common problem. I often find myself laboring not to hit the ball into the woods without focusing on what I must do in order to keep the ball in the fairway. As a result, my efforts are seldom rewarded until I begin putting into practice the aspects of a golf swing that ultimately result in a straight shot.

Christians often struggle for success in rejecting sinful behavior because we center our efforts on trying not to sin instead of on living by God’s Spirit. Living consistently free from sin comes when we keep in step with God’s Spirit, when we imitate God’s character, and when we practice Godly habits.

Are you realizing your desire to be free from sin? Perhaps you find yourself in what seems a hopeless battle against the enemy of your soul. Centering your efforts on Godly living is the only way to reject sin.

Be my strength and victory each day, Lord, as I live according to Your nature within me.