Thursday, July 3, 2008

July 4, 2008

Good News! Saved by Grace

Read the Bible through:
AM –
Ezra 7-8 : PM – Acts 4:1-22

DEAD TO THE LAW
Galatians 2:17-19

19 For I through the law died to the law that I might live to God.
Today is our Independence Day! We celebrate our country’s freedom with flags and fireworks.

When I go to the prison about 20 miles from here to teach “The Bible and Life,” the men often talk about how long it will be until they get out so they can enjoy their freedom again.

We are all spiritually dead because of our sin nature and our choices, but we who have accepted Jesus as our Savior have been made alive and set free from our bondage to sin. The day of our salvation is our “Independence Day” making us ready to “live unto God.”

Father, grant me grace to live for You every day of my life, free from the penalty and power of sin.