Friday, July 25, 2008

July 26, 2008

Good News: Controlled by the Spirit

Read the Bible through:
AM –
Job 40-42 : PM – Acts 19:1-20

REAPING THE TRANSFORMED LIFE
Galatians 6:7-8

8 “For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life.”


I’ve sometimes wondered what skydiving would be like. I’ve seen pictures of skydivers, watched television programs on skydiving and my children have done it. However, no amount of reading, listening, or thinking about skydiving will ever give me the actual experience. Only when I board an aircraft, climb to 20 thousand feet, and jump, will I experience everything about skydiving.

Reaping the experience of God’s eternal life occurs in a similar way. I can desire God’s nature within me; I can learn about His character; I can watch other people experience His life. But until I sow the seed of the Spirit’s fruit, I’ll never reap the transforming life of Christ.

Is the transforming life of Christ your experience?

Lord, You have transformed my identity from sinner to saint. Now transform my living from the flesh to Your Spirit