Saturday, June 28, 2008

June 29, 2008

Worshiping God

Read the Bible through:
AM –
2 Chronicles 33-34 : PM – John 20:19-31

WHO LIVES FOREVER
Revelation 5:13-14

14 Then the four living creatures said, "Amen!" And the twenty-four elders fell down and worshiped Him who lives forever and ever.

As a child, I thought my parents would live forever. As a teenager, I thought I would live forever. Having buried my father, I now know vividly how wrong I was as a child. And long ago, I realized how wrong I was as a teenager about myself. Human mortality has become for me an accepted fact. By contrast, God, whom we worship, does live forever.

Most people would like to live longer. News reports revealed that following the death of Ted Williams, his body was frozen in anticipation that science in the future might develop the ability either to thaw him back to life or use tissue from his body to clone him.

God, who is eternal, offers us His kind of life – eternal life. Our worship celebrates the gift to us of His life. Meaningful worship tightens the grip of our faith upon our hope of sharing God’s life in eternity.

Thank You, Father, that You designed me in Your image for the life of eternity and have guaranteed eternal life to me through the Lord Jesus Christ.