Thursday, June 26, 2008

June 27, 2008

Worshiping God

Read the Bible through:
AM –
2 Chronicles 30-31 : PM – John 19:17-42

THROUGH CHRIST’S SACRIFICE
Revelation 5:6-10

9 “
Then I looked, and I heard the voice of many angels around the throne, the living creatures, and the elders; and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands"


Sunday Mornings at Spring Valley Baptist Church reminds me of “every kindred, and tongue, and people” that Christ’s sacrifice has touched.

One Sunday morning the congregation worshiped together with participants singing the same songs but in their own native languages. The mixture of languages and cultures in our worship here below is a preview of the more perfect worship that will occur in heaven. Then all God’s people from all the ages and out of all earth’s places and cultures will celebrate Christ’s sacrifice, through which all of us can come before God regardless of language, culture, or race.

Lord, thank You for the cross where I find common ground with people who are like me and with those different from me.