Monday, April 7, 2008

April 8, 2008

The Good Shepheard

Read the Bible through:
AM –
Judges 16 : PM – Luke 3:1-20

Calls His Sheep by Name
John 10:1-6

3 “To him the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice; and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out

“What’s the number of your children?” the census taker asked, busily filling out his forms. “They don’t have numbers,” the mother adamantly replied. They have names! I’ll tell you their names.” Well hooray for her! I like that. Folk whom we love aren’t numbers.

I am so gad I’m not just a number to God. I’m a real-live person with a face; with joys and sorrows; with needs, such as hungers and fears. The psalmist said, “We are his people, and the sheep of his pasture” (Ps. 100:3). Our devotional passage today says that He calls His sheep by name. He knows my needs, my capabilities, and limitations. And He loves me all the same. I’m a child of the King. I’m somebody. And He knows my name. He also knows yours.

Precious shepherd, I’m so glad You know me personally. Help me to be worthy of that honor.