Thursday, April 10, 2008

April 11, 2008

The Good Shepheard

Read the Bible through:
AM –
Judges 21 : PM – Luke 4:14-32

Guides His Sheep
John 10:22-27

27 “My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me”


Years ago, to a bunch of young preachers, a well-known college president declared: “The best way to judge the success or failure of your work will be an honest answer to the question, ‘How much more like Jesus are my members now than they were when I first became their pastor?”

I don’t know how those young leaders felt, but that speaks volumes to my heart. My role, as an undershepherd, is to help my folks become like Jesus. Isn’t that God’s goal for all of us?

Jesus had plainly said who He was. But many Jews had shut their eyes and ears to the truth. It wasn’t that they couldn’t; they just wouldn’t accept Him as their Messiah, Instructor, Guide, and Shepherd. By this they proved they were not His sheep, because His sheep hear His voice. He knows them and they follow Him.

Lord, help me prove whose I am by the way I hear You and follow Your guidance.