Tuesday, April 22, 2008

April 23, 2008

The Bread of Life

Read the Bible through:
AM –
1 Samuel 20-21 : PM – Luke 9:1-17

Food that Endures
John 6:24-27

27 "
Do not labor for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to everlasting life, which the Son of Man will give you, because God the Father has set His seal on Him."

The woman was in a coma, brought on by a brain aneurysm. She was in her mid-50’s. As I turned the corner to the ICU room, I spotted her husband reading the Bible to her. He said, “Listen, honey to what God says in Psalm 23.” I stood silently by, praying. Moments later he told me her prognosis was not good. But he had faith God was going to heal her. Before I could say more, he turned to Psalm 24 and began to read again. His entire focus was on his wife; while his heart was turned to God. As tears began to form in my eyes, I was reminded that this friend had just recently accepted Christ as Savior and Lord. It had taken this event to bring salvation.

Life is without purpose unless Jesus has preeminence. That life which Jesus gives is adequate to meet every crisis, is a balm to soothe the hurting heart, and is meat to satisfy the hungry soul.

Lord, thank You for Your spiritual that endures.