Wednesday, April 16, 2008

April 17, 2008

The Resurrection and the Life

Read the Bible through:
AM –
1 Samuel 7-8 : PM – Luke 7:1-17

Believers Shall Live
John 11:38-42

42 "And I know that You always hear Me, but because of the people who are standing by I said this, that they may believe that You sent Me."

As I drive to work each morning. I often enjoy listening to my favorite radio program. I push a button on my radio, and it automatically matches my turner to the frequency of the radio station. How disappointing it is when I hit the wrong button and get a different station or, even worse, static!

Jesus was constantly and perfectly attuned to the Father. He never allowed sin to enter His life and interrupt His spiritual communication. As a result, he knew the Father heard and answered His prayers.

All too often we pick up signals from our physical desires, emotional currents, or logical frameworks instead of being focused on God. We lose that direct contact with Him. If we listen too long to these other sources, sin can enter our lives, hindering our communication.

Let’s follow Jesus example, staying perfectly attuned to God, so we can remain in close communion with Him.

Lord, please help me stay in tune with You.