Tuesday, March 25, 2008

March 26, 2008

Praying with Humility

Read the Bible through:
AM –
Joshua 11-12 : PM – Mark 14:32-52

Repenting and Seeking God
2 Chronicles 7:11-16

14
"If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land"

Many Christians in America have adopted 2 Chronicles 7:14 as the answer to their country’s problems – that if we pray, seek God, and turn from evil, then God will heal our lands. However, two words start this sequence: “humble themselves.” This is the most difficult of all these actions to do but is the first and most necessary in order for God to bring about healing.

Once we humble ourselves before God and others, repentance will come naturally; and we will desire to seek God with all our hearts, souls, and minds. Repentance will occur if we get off our pedestals and refuse to think of ourselves as better than others.

Lord, grant me humility before You and others as I live and pray. Give me a repenting spirit.