Sunday, March 16, 2008

March 17, 2008

Praying for Protection

Read the Bible through:
AM –
Deut. 27-28 : PM – Mark 11.1-11

The God of Salvation
Psalm 62:5-7

7 "In God is my salvation and my glory; The rock of my strength, And my refuge, is in God”

David’s psalm indicates he had weathered the storms of people and even his own troubled soul. David knew his confidence in the God of salvation offered a change in his life – as from winter to spring.

Notice how David’s prayer describes the way God offers protection – salvation, rock, and refuge. These words assured the psalmist he was not at the disposal of people, but protected by a caring God.

Have you considered describing God as David did? Focus on how He is your Salvation, your Rock, and your Refuge.

Father, thank You for being the God of my Salvation.