Thursday, January 24, 2008

January 25, 2008

The Promise of Heaven

Read the Bible through:
AM –
Exodus 10-11 PM – Matthew 14:22-36
A Place Where Jesus Is
John 14:3-4

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there you may be also

Before he married, Bill, a pharmaceutical salesman at the time, was sent to Texas, where he and his wife to be were to live. His proposal of marriage included a promise to prepare a place for them and then come back to Oklahoma to get his bride. Because of his love for her, he accepted the responsibility of finding an apartment, uncrating the furniture, and even hiring someone to make draperies.

Someone is also preparing a place for me. It is a mansion, not an apartment; and it is located on a street of gold. My Savior, who loves me, is getting ready for me. God’s love compelled Him to come to earth to live and die for our sins. He arose and is now back in heaven preparing an eternal home for His children. When He comes back, He will take us with Him. Just being in a place where Jesus is will be heaven.

Thank You, Lord, for your sacrificial love and saving grace.