Sunday, January 13, 2008

January 14, 2008

Read the Bible Through
AM –
Genesis 34-36 : PM - Matthew 8:18-34

FORGIVENESS COMES THROUGH CONFESSION
(
Psalm 32:5)

5 I acknowledged my sin to You, And my iniquity I have not hidden. I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the LORD," And You forgave the iniquity of my sin. Selah

Once there was a king who had suffered much from his rebellious subjects. But one day they surrendered their arms, threw themselves at his feet, and begged for mercy. He pardoned them all. One of his friends said to him, "Did you not say that every rebel should die?" "Yes," replied the king, "but I see no rebels here."

The word “Selah” in our passage means “This is true.”
It is true that when David confessed his sin with genuine repentance and no longer denied the evil of his rebellious actions that God forgave him.

It is also true that, “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:9).

Lord, Wash me thoroughly And cleanse me from my sin.
(Psalm 51:2)