Saturday, January 12, 2008

Jan. 13, 2008

Read the Bible Through
AM –
Genesis 32-33 : PM - Matthew 8:1-17

PROMISE OF DIVINE GUIDANCE
FORGIVENESS LEADS TO TRUST AND OBEDIENCE
(
Psalm 32:8-11)

8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye.


Last night a member of our church ask the church to pray for her family as they will soon make an important decision concerning a job offer. After the service I asked to share the following blessing with her from Psalm 38:8 – “May the Lord instruct you and teach you in the way you should go and guide you with His eye.”

Someone has compared life to a medical prescription. The pharmacist mixes the ingredients and produces medicine that will help you get well. If you took those ingredients separately, or if you changed the proportions, you might do irreparable damage, or even cause death. God knows how to mix the ingredients of life.

We know in part, but God knows fully and completely. And one day, when we see Jesus Christ, God will show us the whole picture. Then we will understand the meaning of “I will guide you with my eye.” so-called tragedies of life.

Lord, thank you for guiding my life in the direction of your will.