Friday, January 18, 2008

January 19, 2007

The Promise of Life’s Value

Read the Bible through:
AM –
Genesis 46-47 : PM – Matthew 11:20-30
Because God is Always Present

I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well (Psalm 139:14).


How amazing to think God in all His grandeur made each of us. We were not simply mass-produced or carbon copied. In Psalm 139:14 David wrote, “I am fearfully and wonderfully made.” Because God created us, He knows us intimately.


These verses became true for a young lady when she prematurely went into labor. Her baby was born too early to live. The baby died the same day she was born. Even in her grief, God comforted the young woman as she remembered these words: “Your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be” (Ps. 139:16 NIV).


Our lives are no mystery to God. He knew that little baby in her mother’s womb. He knew she would go home with Him that day. In the same way God knows each of us. Our lives were not set into motion without purpose. As we seek God daily, that purpose is revealed.

Dear God, thank You, for creating me.