Tuesday, January 15, 2008

January 16, 2007

The Promise of Life’s Value

Because god knows me
Psalm 139:1-4

Read the Bible through:
AM –
Genesis 39-40 : PM – Matthew 9:27-38

You know my sitting down and my rising up; You understand my thought afar off (Psalm 139:2).

We used to have a dining room table set that was handed down to my wife by her grandmother. It looked beautiful. The only problem was one of the chairs back would fall off whenever we lifted it up. So I devised a plan that when we would have company I would be sure to sit in that chair. But invariably someone would pick that chair up and as soon as they did the back would come off. It seemed the harder we tried to hide the fact that it was broken the more obvious it would become. Of course, our friends were always mortified they had broken our “antique” chair. We finally gave up trying to hide our broken chair.

In the same way we cannot hide our brokenness from God. He knows us completely because He is our craftsman. He knows our every action, our every thought, and our every passing moment. We are of great value to Him.

Dear God, I thank You that every moment of my life is important to You.