Saturday, January 19, 2008

January 20, 2007

The Promise of Life’s Value

Read the Bible through:
AM –
Genesis 48-50 PM – Matthew 12:1-21

Because God Keeps on Leading

And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting (Psalm 139:24).

Wow. Powerful words. David humbled himself before God with all his heart, soul, and mind. Have you ever had one of those guests in your home that seem to spend the entire evening casually running their fingers over the furniture and then checking their fingers to see how much dust they had collected.

David opened his “house” for inspection. It only makes sense that we want to keep our “houses” spotless, we clean them daily. David asked God to search him and then asked God to “lead…[him] in the way everlasting.” Only God can prepare us for our final inspection. David knew the only way to stay on the right path was to follow the One who created it.

"Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts
(Psalm 139:23)