Saturday, November 8, 2008

Nov. 9, 2008

Good News for All Cultures

Read the Bible through:
AM –
Ezekiel 11-12 : PM – Heb. 4

Who Desire Help
Acts 8:26-31

31
And he said, "How can I, unless someone guides me?" And he asked Philip to come up and sit with him.”

Notice in the devotional passage that Philip had not yet reached the place to which he thought he was going at the angels command. He was still on the way when he met the Ethiopian eunuch. How did Philip know the eunuch was the man to whom he was being sent? This man was ready for the gospel. This African eunuch, so different from Philip in color, culture, and economic standing, wanted help.

This past week did you encounter unbelievers who were ready for the gospel and wanted help? How did you respond?

Lord, give me discernment so that I might know the hearts and desires of the people around me.