Friday, November 21, 2008

Nov. 22, 2008

Reasons to Tell the Good News

Read the Bible through:
AM –
Ezekiel 38-39 : PM – James 4

Because People Need To Be Saved
Acts 16:25-31

31 "So they said, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household.""


I have so many friends who have cancer. I wish I knew a cure for cancer. I would work tirelessly to share the good news with every cancer patient I could find. I am sure many people would join me.

People without Jesus are unsaved and are going to face a far greater fate than cancer. The Bible states: "He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him" (John 3:36). Those who do not heed the gospel will face everlasting punishment (1 Thess. 1:8-9).

Jesus is the cure for the suffering of unsaved people. “For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.” (John 3:17). Jesus, indeed, is the Great Physician. While a cure for cancer would be wonderful news, should we not be more committed to telling people about a cure for sin than we would be for a cure for cancer.

Father, may I realize that people need to be saved. Help me share the good news with someone today.