Thursday, November 27, 2008

Nov. 28, 2008

Reasons to Tell the Good News

Read the Bible through:
AM –
Daniel 2 : PM – 1 Peter 5

Because of Jesus Love
John 15:15-17

16 "You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you."


Remember when you were a small child and sides were chosen for the games? The leaders of the teams tended to choose the bigger, stronger, faster kids first. Each leader alternated with the other to choose a child until finally you were chosen. Remember the excitement you felt when you were chosen?

The reality that God has chosen us should bring such excitement. To be chosen by friends to play a game is exciting; but for Jesus, God’s only Son, to choose us is incredible. He could have chosen any one, but He chose me – not on the basis of my abilities or position, but because He loves me. He chose me to “go and bring forth fruit.” He commands me to tell the good news about His love for all people. My love for Jesus and His love for me should motivate me to obey Him.

Thank You, for Your love. May I be faithful in sharing Your love with other people