Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Nov. 5, 2008

Essentials of The Good News

Read the Bible through:
AM –
Ezekiel 1-2 : PM – Philemon

The Gospel of Grace
Galatians 1:6-10

8
“As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed.”

“Amazing grace! How sweet the sound, That save a wretch like me!” This was the testimony of John Newton, the slave trader who became God’s witness. We cannot earn God’s grace or merit it. But we can gratefully by faith receive it. When I became a Christian I, too, experienced His saving grace; and Christ became my Redeemer and Lord of my life. It was the best decision I ever made.

Accepting God’s offer of grace and becoming one of His children does not imply, however, that we are “off the hook” and never need to do anything further for Him. To the contrary, as believers we should be willing to invest our time and our lives sharing personal witnesses of His wonderful grace with those who have not received it.

“Grace, grace, God’s grace,
Grace that will pardon and cleanse within;
Grace, grace, God’s grace,
Grace that is greater than all our sin.”

Help me, Father, to receive your grace which is sufficient to forgive all my sins.