Monday, September 8, 2008

September 9, 2008

FOLLOWING GOD’S LEADERS

Read the Bible through:
AM –
Song of Solomon 5-8 : PM – 1 Cor. 14

WHO LIVE IN GOD’S PRESENCE
Joshua 1:16-17

17
"Just as we heeded Moses in all things, so we will heed you. Only the LORD your God be with you, as He was with Moses."

As I planned to move to Las Vegas from Oklahoma I wasn’t certain what to expect. I received varied opinions when I asked people who had been there what I might expect. One person, who had lived there for a couple of years, shared story after story of how wonderful the people are. But another who had just returned from a brief visit was highly critical of the people.

In trying to reconcile these views, I came to understand that only by spending time with people do you really get to know them.

The children of Israel were willing to follow Joshua as they had Moses. However, they wanted to be sure Joshua spent time with God as had Moses.

As believers in Jesus Christ, we should not be hesitant to follow leaders who obviously live in God’s presence.


Father, remind me to pray often for my spiritual leaders that they might live in Your presence