Friday, September 26, 2008

September 27, 2008

Making A Commitment

Read the Bible through:
AM –
Isaiah 54-57 : PM – Galatians 3

BASED ON GOD’S ACTIONS
Joshua 23:1-3

3 “You have seen all that the LORD your God has done to all these nations because of you, for the LORD your God is He who has fought for you.”

One evening, years ago, a woman gave her testimony about motherhood. I expected her to say her children were all successful, but her testimony took a different turn.

“I raised my children as the Bible instructed,” she began. “Now my youngest son is drifting down a path that terrifies me.”

I thought of my two toddlers and tried to push down the fear that raised its head like a coiling snake.

“But I cling to God’s promise that if I raise my child in the way he should go, when he is old he will not depart from it (Pro. 22:6),” she said.

As my children grew up, I often thought of her. Through her tearful testimony, she gave me wise advice. God will fight for us and won’t go back on His word. His promise gave strength and courage to her and to me.
Thank You, Lord, for keeping Your promise to fight my battles