Monday, September 1, 2008

September 1, 2008

AFFIRMING GOD’S WORTHINESS

Read the Bible through:
AM –
Pro. 21-23 : PM – 1 Cor. 6

BY REFUSING TO FEAR
Numbers 14:6-9

8 "If the LORD delights in us, then He will bring us into this land and give it to us, 'a land which flows with milk and honey.' 9 Only do not rebel against the LORD, nor fear the people of the land, for they are our bread; their protection has departed from them, and the LORD is with us. Do not fear them."

When I was in elementary school, Doyle looked like a giant to me. For reasons unknown to me, Doyle became my friend and protector. I knew no fear of the bigger older boys because Doyle was always by my side. Several of the older boys who were bigger than me learned a difficult lesson from Doyle when they tried to hurt me. In later years, I have given Doyle much of the credit for my living to become a teenager.

Moses had sent 12 men to spy out the promised land. Each of them had seen the same walled cities and the same giant warriors. But Caleb and Joshua were the only ones to factor God into the equation. When we are able to look at our circumstances and remember the Father who is with us, we need not be afraid either.

Thank you, Father, for your promise to be with me in all circumstances.