Wednesday, September 24, 2008

September 25, 2008

Obeying Totally

Read the Bible through:
AM –
Isaiah 48-50 : PM – Galatians 1

AND EXPERIENCING SECURITY
Proverbs 1:29-33

33 “But whoever listens to me will dwell safely, And will be secure, without fear of evil.”


Camping in Northeastern Oklahoma is always exciting. One evening our group set up camp, ate dinner, visited, and then bedded down for what we hoped would be a good night’s sleep. Just as we got situated in our sleeping bags, it began to rain. The rain soon turned into a violent thunderstorm. As I lay in my sleeping bag, I began to worry about the safety of the campers. What if a tree falls? Is everyone staying dry? The more concerned I got, I realized I was worrying about things that were totally under God’s control.

After a few moments of prayer and turning my fears over to God, I settled down into my sleeping bag. From that point on I listened to the thunder as though it were God’s voice. I snuggled down in my sleeping bag and experienced real security in the midst of a pounding thunderstorm. When we acknowledge His presence and His power, we can rest in His grace.

Thank You, Father, for calming my fears.