Sunday, September 28, 2008

September 29, 2008

Making A Commitment

Read the Bible through:
AM –
Isaiah 61-63 : PM – Galatians 5

INVOLVES PERSONAL CHOICE
Joshua 24:14-18

15
“If it seems evil to you to serve the LORD, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.”

One of the most frequent statements I hear teachers, parents, and pastors tell a student, “It’s your choice.” This advice usually follows a meeting concerning a child not doing the expected work and is in danger of failing. The decision to succeed ultimately remains with the student.

Accepting Christ as our Savior is a personal choice. Using our gifts to serve Him and witnessing to others of His great gift of love are personal choices. Students who choose to behave in class and do the work usually pass the course. More than once I have heard one say: “I’m glad I made the right choice. It turned my life around.” People who commit their lives to the Lord are able to say the same thing.

Lord, I freely and gladly choose to commit my life to serving You.