Saturday, February 2, 2008

February 3, 2008

The Bible: Its Origins

Read the Bible through:
AM –
Exodus 31-32 PM – Matthew 19:1-15

The Lord’s Faithfulness
Psalm 119:89-96

90 “Your faithfulness endures to all generations; You established the earth, and it abides."

We were struggling with a need for which we saw no answer. I didn’t know were to turn. I headed to the church that morning nearly overwhelmed with discouragement.

The song playing on the radio penetrated my disheartened spirit to give rise to a feeling of hope. “Great is Thy faithfulness! Great is Thy faithfulness! … All I have needed, Thy hand hath provided.”

Shortly after arriving in my office, my wife phoned. She had received a call that would be an answer to our need. Whereas a couple of hours earlier, I wondered if my world was collapsing, that morning the Lord proved His faithfulness once again. Because of Him my world now stood firm.

Something similar has happened to you, hasn’t it? The Lord is faithful. Of that, you can be certain. For that, you can be grateful.

Thank You, Lord. I know I can count on You.